Thursday, June 25, 2015

Quote of the Day

Imagine a conversation with three or four unknown persons. Or the entire audience, that a politician must address, without offending anyone. The intellectual dilution is staggering.
-- David Warren


On the other hand, people are harder and harder to shock by acting in a depraved manner, which was one of the traditional ways of shocking people. Hence a new sub-class is emerging, of people who are openly depraved, but also, total bores.
-- David Warren, same essay

1 comment:

  1. When I read "David Warren" I thought "The guy who did Ra's al-Ghul's voice in the animated Batman is also a political commentator?"

    But that's David Warner. Threw me for a sec.

    ReplyDelete

Wonder and Anticipation, the Likes of Which We Have Never Seen

  Hello family, friends and fans of Michael F. Flynn.   It is with sorrow and regret that I inform you that my father passed away yesterday,...